hmm-hmm, when you start doing, starting something new, you simply dont become a PERFECTIONIST at that, you are; at first AN ABECEDARIAN, a Beginner, a learner...

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Happy Festival(s)



Happy diwali n happy bhaiya dooj to all!!
Well, we can know about diwali through one search click on google at wikipedia, but to me diwali is just another fun!
This time I said to NO to crackers just because of all the mails I get from SoS Live Earth people regarding increase in global warming n stuff! Yet I had loads of fun!
This time I wore no new clothes. I was simple, in my jeans n shirt! But, we went through the same old processes of diwali! On the morning of ChotiDiwali (preDiwali that was 8) we had our house decorated with lights and at night just like other homes, our house was glowing too!!! J
On 10, it was the main day of Diwali, aka Deepavali, where it is said if you impress goddess Lakshmi you can be very well be successful in life!
It was a normal morning of Diwali, no great excitement though! And this time my Bua (aunt, that iz my Dad’z elder sis) and Uncle were here and my Masi (aunt, my Grandmaz younger sis, since my dad call her masi, we too call her by the same pronoun!) tooo!!! I toh LOvvvvve mah Masi, she just came last month from US!
SO at around 6, we started to set diyas in our veranda and get ready for the pooja.
At 6:30 we went to the Gurudwara to lit candles there… And at 7 Mum, Dad, Sisi, Masi, Da’ads(Grandma), Bua, Uncle, our maid n me gathered in Da’ads’ room, where we had our mini temple set up, and started with the pooja! Then, like any other festivals, we exchanged gifts, Bua n Uncle gave me a greenish sweater, Da’ads gave me Rs100 n….mum dad???? Well, they have been doing so much for us, everyday, every moment, so why asking gifts from them!!! *hehe*
And that was all! After that, we were watching TV and planning what will be the menu for Bhaiya-Dooj… Hope you people there, have had a safe and merry Diwali! A little late, yet wishing you all a very Happy and Prospering Diwali!!!

Bhaiya Dooj is celebrated day after the diwali! It so happened with me, that I think 4-5 years back, day before my happy to you was Diwali and day after my happy to you was Bhaiya Dooj. So I had three long dayz of receiving gifts!!! :D *hehe*
So, Bhaiya Dooj, is some what like Raksha Bandhan, where you are worshipping your brothers and thanking them for protecting their sisters and to do the same in life ahead!!!
The only difference is; on Raksha Bandhan you tie Rakhis on your brother’s right hand and on Bhaiya Dooj, you put Tika on your brother’s forehead! That is why bhaiya dooj is also known as Tika! And then, brother sister give presents to each other! It is mainly celebrated amongst North Indian People! So at my place the whole family gathered, like always because my da'ads is the eldest!! And everyone stayed here till lunch, had lunch and went home!!! *hehe*

Anyways, for all those sisters who celebrate their bond ship with their brothers and vice versa, I wish you a very Happy Bhaiya Dooj!
Tc!!
Luv Ya All!!!

>>An Abecedarian<<


1 comment:

Naomi said...

WIsh u a very belated happy diwali and happy bhaiya dooj!